CAFOD is organising an online day of talk and prayer to learn more about this year’s climate talks, Pope Francis’s call to action and how people in the Amazon region are leading the fight to care for our common home. Billed as Faith in Action Day 2021, it will take place on Saturday 11 September, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm.
In a few months, the UK will host the largest gathering of world leaders ever to take place on British soil: the ‘COP26’ climate talks. Our government has a vital role to play in leading global efforts to tackle the climate crisis. But as citizens of the host nation and as people of faith, we have an important role to play too.
This is the time to come together, build a community and act.
On this Faith in Action Day you will
- Find out more about the UK government’s vision for COP26.
- Connect with other Catholics in interactive sessions and find out how we can organise ourselves to build momentum for the climate talks in Glasgow this year.
- Hear from environmental defenders in the Amazon about their struggle to protect our common home.
Explore Pope Francis’s Synod on the Amazon and his call for justice.
- Get inspired by young Catholic campaigners and their fight for the climate crisis.
- Stand in solidarity and pray together for our brothers and sisters who are suffering the most as a result of the climate crisis.
Confirmed speakers include Camilla Born (Deputy Director of Strategy for COP26), Josianne Gauthier (CIDSE Secretary General), Claudelice Silva dos Santos (Amazon and human rights defender), young Catholic activists and many more.
The event is free and you can register on the CAFOD website.